Congratulations to all of the students, parents, mentors and friends who showed such outstanding sportsmanship and gracious professionalism throughout the entire Portland and St Louis Championship tournaments. We received lots of compliments from other teams and tournament officials and won some awards:
- Rookie All Star Award - celebrates the rookie team exemplifying a young but strong partnership effort, as well as implementing the mission of FIRST to inspire students to learn more about science and technology.
- Highest Rookie Seed - for outstanding robot performance. Celebrates the highest-seeded rookie team at the conclusion of the qualifying rounds.
- Rookie of the Year Awards from Teams Phred 847 and TeraViks 3145
- Oregon State University FIRST Scholarship to Quentin Luvaas
- Dean's List Finalist to Quentin Luvaas
- #1 Safety Pit Recognition - for a safe, clean and organized pit and crew work
The Rookie All Star Award gives us a berth at the FIRST FRC Championship April 24-27 in St. Louis, Missouri
Club - Mock Build Week
For the last week of the club season, our Head Mentor Jean gave the team a challenge: Ramp-o-rama
- Go up a ramp and stay at a predefined marker position
- 30 degree ramp
- Ramp has 3 markers (black Duct tape)
- Mechanical stop at the bottom of the ramp
- The robot starts at the bottom of the ramp and then climbs to the top marker. It then stays for 3 seconds, goes to the middle marker and then finally goes to the bottom marker, for a final 3 seconds. At this point the teleoperated period begins.
- When a position button is pressed by the driver, the robot moves to the corresponding marker. Example: When the "Top Marker" button is pressed, the robot will go to the top marker and stay there.
The Club designed their first Drive System inspired by Team 254.
2013 Challenge - Ultimate Ascent
This year's challenge was released in January 2013 during the kickoff event!
ULTIMATE ASCENT is played by two competing alliances on a flat, 27 x 54 foot field. Each Alliance consists of three robots, and they compete to score as many discs into their goals as they can during a two (2)-minute and fifteen (15)-second match. Source: FIRST
Phantom - The Robot
- 6 wheel drive
- Dual cim per side with AndyMark Toughbox Mini
- Custom welded aluminum chassis
- 3 frisbee autonomous into high goal
- 4 frisbee hopper with high speed loader
- Can shoot 4 frisbees in under 3 seconds into high goal
- Can shoot top of pyramid
- 10 point buzzer beater climber